Monday, March 14, 2005

our new houses

maresa's bean enchiladas, peas, rice crispie treats, several antacids

Shane and I are looking at new houses for our families. Looking on this street of repetitive box houses, a relatively new development, feels like the heights. Two story (or more) jobbies, seems like they kind of have a square tower at one corner with a single room at the top. We decide to buy houses right next to each other, it's a crazy, fun idea [that would be madness. would we ever stop drinking?]. The interiors are old, though, maybe late victorian sort of feel, all wood everything.

We go to bed in our new houses. My room is in the tower, at the top. At some point something seems wrong, and I come down the stairs. Something has frightened me very badly [did I forget what it was, or was it ever specific? I think it was a dawning knowledge that there is badness afoot in the house. Haunted?] and I'm vaulting down three stairs at a time. There are more levels of the house than I thought. Increasingly frightened. Finally hit a landing and "Josh" is there [the character is him, but the body is not, too tall, longish hair, wrong face, but in many ways like him], I grab onto him with a "Thank God." He begins growling, I push away, his eyes are rolled back and he's posessed. He keeps growling, "I'm gone...I'm gone." He's laughing at my terror, for a second I consider that he must be pulling a nasty prank, but then I know he's not.

This wakes me up in a small panic.

[cf Buffy the Vampire Slayer VI/2, the demon that is created when Buffy is brought back from the dead. I knew that shit would end up in my dreams.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home