Monday, February 28, 2005

stalin building full of zombies

early dinner in santa fe, then 2 bowls of frosted flakes.

The city is being evacuated. There is either a plague or a spreading miasma, people are essentially turning into zombies: rotting, pale, orange smears around their mouths. But still very human, fully intelligent, fully functioning. Several people and I are in a giant building, like a Stalin building, which has offices and apartments. It is extremely run down, though, and almost everyone is gone. We have to make it to a helipad on some particular floor (52nd maybe?)A game of cat & mouse. Although, the zombies are not particularly aggressive; and while you would rather avoid contact with them, there aren't that many around, and they aren't really hunting us. Time us running out, the helicopter will be leaving soon.

I get seperated from the group. I am a young woman, it turns out. I am in a portion of the building a few stories higher than where I am supposed to be going. I can see essentially where I need to get, in the adjacent wing of the building. I smash through the window or wall, climb out, and launch myself through thye air, coming crashing down on a skylight on the 52nd floor. I smash through, down into some offices. Two of the zombies are there, both in suits, doing a business deal. One (someone's father than I know, maybe?) scolds me lightly, asks me if I can wait. I'm not interested in staying; I grab his scalp and his skin sloughs effortlessly away from the bone, pulls up into a handful. I take off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home