Friday, February 11, 2005

breaking into a rich home

greek "chicken" sandwiches, water, cherry popsicle

Night. Sadiki and I are ranging across the NE heights, getting from A to B. We take a short cut through some yards, I lead him along a network of yard walls. One particular wall, brown stucco, encloses a particularly lavish home. We stop, hunker down on the wall, discuss. I've broken into this house before [I've actually had dreams about this for years, breaking into this house, alternately dodging or menacing the occupants.]and we decide to have a look through. The people who live there are out, we smash in a window or perhaps a pane in a door. I think we intended to take some jewelry, and we go through a dresser and a jewelry box, maybe pocket a thing or two. In particular there is a large, ridiculous ring with a huge, red spherical jewel in it. Sadiki reminds me repeatedly about "prints, prints" and I realize that I've touched all sorts of surfaces without gloves.

We're going through, and they come home. We're a bit trapped downstairs. A man comes into the kitchen, a short man, late 50's, white hair but largely balding, wearing a tuxedo, tie pulled open. He opens the refrigerator, I'm right there and he suddenly realizes he's not alone. I'm on one side, Steve emerges from a shadow on the other side of the kitchen. He becomes terrified, it seems, and suddenly is wearing a thick cotton bathrobe. His wife emerges from a stairway, also in a bathrobe. Sort of a stand off. We start extricating ourselves, we'll just leave, but we would have hurt them if we felt we had to. I was very jittery. We went back out and onto the walls again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home