Monday, February 07, 2005

Unwelcome Visitors

potato soup, citrus salad, choco cake

At my parents' house, but the front flower bed is out the back sliding door, but people enter from the back yard, which has street access.

Seems a holiday afternoon, cold and rainy. I am concerned with people in and out about the bulbs that are coming up in the flower bed, that they not be damaged. I go out to inspect them just as a group of church-going middle aged women and some kids come walking up, obviously to sell something, either salvation or candy for the kids' camp, etc. I open the door to go out to block them, but they interpret this as an invitation, and they all swarm into the living room. I say, "Well, I didn't mean for that to be an inivitation," but they go in anyhow. They stay a short while as I fume out in the yard, then come back out. A woman in a white ski jacket comes up with sincere eyes and apologizes for barging into the house. I do my best to play it off so as to not be unkind, but I'm not very convincing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home