Tuesday, February 01, 2005

mother and father

the night after after potato, soy sausage, cheese, gr chilie burritos, slice of cheesecake, and water

I am an as yet unconcieved child, present in my mother's bedroom, which is off-white, and seems to have only a bed with white sheets, and maybe a dresser. She is a blonde woman, in a bathrobe, bleached blonde hair-- actually, I think she might be the Cylon woman from the current Battlestar Gallactica show. She goes to sleep. I put on a Fisher Price child's headset, with earphones and a microphone, and begin to sing to her, something along the lines of "Bye Baby Bunting," like the recording in Mary Tsiongas' show last year.

I begin to manifest and grow. In the morning, I am probably a 14 year old kid, in pajamas, curly light brown hair, skinny/lanky, pale. I'm in bed with my mother, but she doesn't know who I am, because when she went to bed I didn't exist, so she can't recognize me. She becomes hysterical, backs in to a corner, shouting at me. My father, who is Joe Rogan from News Radio (and unfortunately, more noteably from Fear Factor-- why, Joe?), is in another bed just next to my mother's, under a window. The curtains are closed but a strong light is filtering through. He knows me, and looks disapprovingly at my mother. He lifts up the blanket to indicate that I should just get in bed with him and not worry about her inappropriate reaction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home