Tuesday, February 22, 2005

todd and the cavernous house. (again.)

thai burgers & fries. orange popsicle.

[disjointed.]

Todd from Flipside has opened his new place, which is in a shack around by the Shampoo Alley, behind Walgreens. We go to see, he welcomes us in and shows us past his modest living space (shoddy wood plank walls, little more than a cot, cluttered) to the gallery space beyond. It's very basic, but I'm impressed with what he's accomplished, and the calibre of artists he has seems pretty high. He goes on to show how he can expand at a later date, and we enter a series of very unfinished spaces, huge attic spaces with exposed rafters and little light. They seem to lead one into another. [I have been here before. I think it is part of "the empty house."] I think about how much things have changed for Todd since I used to visit him when he was homeless. I didn't know he was into art, I'll have to talk shop with him sometime. [there is something sexual about my memories of him.]

On the roof of Walgreens, people are building weapons. A series of small particle weapons. The mom from Malcolm in the Middle knows better, though, and constructs a huge gun. We have to protect her and the weapons, they're coming for them. Todd will help us. He's an honorable skinhead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home