Sunday, February 20, 2005

lost amid the pyramids

creamy green chilie "chicken" soup, mixed greens, colt45, a shot of peppar & an icehouse tallboy

Josh, Marsha, Jason, and I are going to a party at Sabrina & Levi's new place, for which we have the cross streets [not a real place]. It's somewhere SW of University and Central, I think. I kind of know the area, but decide not to be a backseat driver. Jason is driving, a small SUV sort of vehicle. The street we are on dead-ends, he becomes frustrated, so Josh offers to drive. But Maresa is actually behind the wheel for the rest of the dream.

We set out, and end up apparently north of town [in my mind], but the view is like that south, around Isleta [to my eyes.] There are several pre-Columbian pyramids out amid the fields, very well preserved and excavated. But several of them have decorative upright triangular elements projecting, almost reminiscent of geometricised gables.

The road we are on goes from pavement to dirt, and I know we're on the wrong road. We all realize this at the same time. We approach a square wooden ranch gate/arch, and pull to a stop just as we pass it. The road dead ends onto the top of a dam, which drops below us. Water is passing over or through it, and glows blue with shimmering white spots in it.

Maresa manages a U-turn, and we stat back along the dirt road. I can see the pyramids, passing in and out of vision from behind hills and such. I know that we are close to the party, since the pyramids are just over there. But I don't know where, exactly. [the pyramids are from several successive cultures that were in the area] I take a moment to put myself back in time, and think how wonderful it must have been to be a member of the last culture to build here, amid the remaining temples of all those who came before.

I find myself in a mobile home with Josh's dad, Josh, Kevin [maybe?], and Marsha [maybe?]. We are talking about how Troy Wilson ONLY eat pizza with pepperoni and black olives, and won't ever eat anything else. I think how unhealthy that is. Josh's father looks like he's gained a LOT of weight. I feel bad about talking about Troy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home