Sunday, August 20, 2006

mick jagger's cherry tree

dream 2 of 2

sandwich mentioned below

I'm up at my parents' house, apparently living there. I am awoken early one MOnday morning when Aunt Anne and Uncle Howard and others come over, they've brought this young cherry tree for me that they intend to plant in the back yard. We sit in a circle of folding chairs in the grass of my parents' yard, talk. Hang out.

A few days later, I'm in my parents' bedroom, it's 10pm. My mom mentions that Mick Jagger has called and would really like to talk to me about that cherry tree. I know that Mick Jagger is at home in London, dying, but I don't know why he's calling me. I suddenly realize that he gifted the tree to me, but that no one had ever come out and said that. I fell funny. But if he wants to talk to be about the tree, I should call him. It seems important to him. My mom hands me two zine-format booklets [but more like what I make for doing weddings], and I look through them, both for Mick Jagger's number and for some space to jot notes as we talk. Mom and I (and some strange man in the doorway?) discuss the time difference. I'm sure I'm right and that I should go ahead and call.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home