Saturday, August 12, 2006

where's the team?

humus pita pit, water

My soccer team and I are staying in the downtown area of a city. It is suspiciously like the Gold St. area of ABQ downtown. We're all broken up and all over the place, but the coach announces to me that he has landed us a slot in a tournament in London. But where is everybody? He sends me to find people. Whoever I can lay hands on, enough to field a team and the rest will just have to stay behind. I strike out, crossing large skyways and bridges between buildings. I need to get down to street level.

There's a trio of bars where I suspect I'll find my team mates. I go into one, look around, no luck. Cross caddy corner and into another one. This one is painted and decorated like a kindergarten class turned into a coffee house. An Asian woman comes up to greet me and says she bets I need a place to study, indicates several low school desks where people are spread out reading. I tell her no, but I am looking for some people. She seems sorry I'm not really there to spend any money. I look around and leave.

I cross back to the third bar, enter. A voice suggests that a person can become sexually attracted to someone _after_ having sex with them, because the body will produce hormones in connection with the event. It is a pair from my team, apparently secretly a couple, and they're courting me. But I explain the situation, we need to get going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home