Friday, July 28, 2006

the naked waiter

Cheese & tater burritos, beer.

Working as a waiter at a restaurant that is in many ways my parents' house, but along the east side and the back, there is bar seating outside, facing into the space. Wrought iron bars. The balding half of the two guys who always get iced tea with easy ice is there. He eats a big meal, but wants something else. I bring him another dish, he finishes it, and then wonders about a peanut butter sandwich, just to finish it all off. I go looking for peanut butter, searching the kitchen, a tight, unpleasant, grimy place with white walls and a red tile floor. Lisa from IV is in there cooking away, I ask about PB, but she's not sure. I find something to take to the guy and go out the side garage door, but I realize I'm naked and that's not great. No one seems particularly to mind, though my dad is out along the side of the house watering and gives me hell.

2 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Blogger Gisela said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:44 AM, Anonymous sebastian said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home