Friday, August 11, 2006

renee's crazy family

beer, pizza, beer

[first part forgotten]

Out with renee's (from work) family, we're sort of picnicking on the grassy knoll just behind the Popejoy Hall loading dock. Some guy (her son?) and I are playing a sort of football type game with two spongy, nerf-like balls. It's getting to be twilight and harder to see to play. I think maybe weather is rolling in. There's anoher family packing up, too. They have two little girls, a toddler and a 5 year old, both very pale with pale pale blue eyes and white hair. The girls are dressed in white sun dresses. I go to help them, not certain if they really want my help though, a perfect stranger as I am. The toddler is being a pest and a bother, I pick her up but she struggles and flips around in my hands. There's something wierd and creepy about the girls.

Back at Renee's house, which is rather like my parents' house but sort of split level. They've been getting strange mail from someone, and they think it might be a long lost son harrassing them. No one is sure, though. They've gotten this strange pamphlet of collaged magazine images of women. There's a strange tear that progresses page to page. We hear the door, someone has come in uninvited and is walking through the house. We all think maybe it's him come back and it's alarming. But then it's just a friend of his, a tall, pale young man with crazy red hair and a goatee. He triumphantly announces that he can prove that it is indeed the son sending the strange mail. He has a handwriting sample on something, and the handwriting is very distinct, very stylized and pointed with lots of extra hooks and crooks. We're all absorbed in comparing the handwriting on the friend's sample to the writing that pops up in the pamphlet. I think that my experience with handwriting analysis should put me in charge of the comparison, but everyone is pulling and pushing and I have no real chance to put my skills to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home