Sunday, June 25, 2006

starcraft retreat with co-workers

from a few nights ago, probably thursday night. beer, frontier vegetarian burrito, early to bed.

On retreat with a group of co-workers from IV. We're up in the mountains, building relationships apparently through taking part in mock battle situations. I've been appointed commander of my particular team & army. View swings back and forth between realtime and birdseye map. We've successfully rampaged up to the north, wiping out the remnants of the yellow team. But recon shows a major force of orange team units massing to push back down through that very area, and we are spread out and thin, if numerous. I call for a withdrawl back to our staging areas, behind the safety of a bottleneck with an overlook.

My plan is to install heavy artillery/tanks along the top of this cliff face, to bombard any approaching orange forces. I need to protect these installations from air attack and order Big Mike to start on anti-aircraft systems. I have these big, shallow fiberglass boxes that will serve as the bases of the AA towers. I drag one set into place and show Mike what I mean. There's little time and I'm beginning to feel frustrated at the level of inaction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home