Saturday, May 27, 2006

boss hogg shouldn't touch the art

pita pit, x-men, beer & gin & akavit until 3am

I'm working for the restaurant, but my main responsibility is overseeing the art collection & training new people on installation. The restaurant is being redecorated and we're putting a lot of new framed objects up, but in strange places, like the walls below countertops and such. Major activity and commotion, not good for handling art, but this is the job.

Where did my trainee go? Why is this framed thing sitting in the middle of the walkway? I pick it up and move it against the wall, and find that the frame is smashed at one corner, kicked in. (No glass, apparently, just frame/heavy matting/object.) Fuck. I find Lane and show him, he tells me to take care of it, get my trainee aside and police the situation. I don't know if he wants me to pull the guy from handling, but I think I will. I finally find him, ask him to come aside with me (sideways nods, "c'mere"). He looks like Boss Hogg, except his suit is unbleached linnen, rather than white. I take him outside, busted frame in hand. The restaurant is a free standing building in a large park. He's kinda kicking the grass, hands in pockets. I start showing him the smashed up frame and giving him a stern talking to. Lane comes up behind us and mentions with some amusement that he's added an anti pasto, it's not on the menu, but it's available. When I turn back, my trainee is gone. Where the fuck is he off to now?

I see him pulling a fallen tree branch across the park. I call him back, and how he's a young bicyclist in full gear. I try again to talk to him. It seems of no importance to him, and I give up. I go and sit with Lane and some others in the grass. He's on about his anti pasto again, and I say, "Oh! Dude! Dude! Dude! Prosciutto and melon!" He seems interested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home