Monday, May 01, 2006

orchids, shopping, parachute

from sunday morniing (yesterday)
beer bust with shane

A collection of fragments that don't make a very solid narrative, but...

In the back yard, but it's the Andrea & the boys' backyard. A backpacky guy on a bike asks if he can move his flowers into the yard, we agree.

At the grocery, with maybe the family I used to nanny for, with their new almost-toddler, who communicates to me that he has a headache. He wants aspirin. I tell his mom, and she says okay, but I point out that with all the flu going around, there's lots of kids getting Rye's syndrome. She agrees and we decide that he should just have some bottled water. The kid is pissed and flips out. I'm holding him [it feels like holding Pee Wee], and he's very strong, and he's struggling against me and I can't keep a hold of him. At some point we do go together to find some bottled water, since we won't give him aspirin. There's construction in the grocery store, though, and some of the aisles are divided by makeshift plank walls, making one-way aisles, and we can see the bottled water but can't get to them.

I'm going back home, and I jump from an airplane to get there. I have no real parachute, but two chords that wrap under my arms are tied to a piece of red cloth, maybe 2'x4'. It catches the air an opens, and does lower me more slowly, but I can't control it very well and I'm spinning down. I fall into a huge tree, and then try to get down from there, decide I need to jump, but I'm afraid that my parachute won't open. I do get down, though.

I land in the back yard, there's some guy-- naked? undies?-- and I'm not certain why this fucker is in my yard. My face contorts, I get ready to jump & clock the fucker, and he gets all frazzled and freaked and apologetic and he'll go and sorry and... and I relize that he's the backpacky guy with the orchids, and I feel bad about scaring him and walk around front to try to help him carry back his flowers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home