Thursday, February 16, 2006

girls in burqas don't do acid (not with me, anyway)

green chile potato soup, tacos, fruit salad, whitman's candy, water

Plans to do acid (or some sort of fry) with Sadiki and others. We're talking about it but some girl Sadiki knows overhears & starts saying "oh that sounds great, I'd love to," but none of us want her to come. Not certain if she willl or not, though, so we grimace it away and hope for the best.

We're supposed to meet up on campus, and I swing past the SUB for a bite on the way. Sushi restaurant? Something wierd like that. [historical note: There actually is a sushi joint at the SUB.] Standing around in a line waiting for food, see Sadiki and he says we're meeting up in the foyer of Popejoy Hall. I volunteer to go on over there. I decide very firmly that if she turns up, I'm going to simply tell her that she invited herself and that it won't fly. I won't have our trip be fucked up by this dumb shit.

I go over there, and the foyer is huge, far larger than i remembered. There is apparently some sort of reception being put together, an ensemble of some size--nearly half an orchestra?-- is seated and getting their instruments out. Food tables, decorations. A guy who reminds me of Steve the dishwasher from IV is obviously serving the event. In line for an ATM that is mounted into a gigantic spur wall, there is the girl, in near-burqa covering that is printed with trains and horses or something, holding a toddler son in a matching arab headgarb. I call her over and explain in no uncertain terms that she is crazy and wrong for inviting herself. The guy who looks like Steve comes over and shushes me, tells me this his boss's event and I can't be making a loud scene. I begin to whisper fiercely. She appears to be readying a counter attack, but I cut her off, and point out that one does not invite oneself to other people's acid trip. Her mounting embarrassment leads me to apologize for being harsh, BUT...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home