Friday, January 06, 2006

crazy kid at the tanoan gate

quesadilla, chips & salsa, & lots of PBR

Walking up to my parents' house from somewhere in their neighborhood. Car got left but we will go back for it or something. At the Tanoan gate, there's this kid, probably 10 years old, but a tough little shit, black jeans, white undershirt, boots. A little greaser skinhead. His little sister is there, too. Long hair with a dolly. He randomly goes apeshit on me and starts hitting and kicking me. My Ponderosa Child Care training kicks in and I start restraining him, but he's suprisingly strong and fast and slippery. It takes forever, but I finally get his arms crossed and lock his legs. After a couple of minutes he relaxes and I start talking to him. It's very hot and uncomfortable hanging onto this kid and I want to get us both up off the ground. I ask him if his boots are steelies, cuz "they sure felt like it when [he] was kicking me." He says they're just reinforced somehow. I let him go, not entirely sure if he's going to attack me again but not concerend. I start pushing on the toes of my boots and I realize that instead of a solid steel cap, they're actually just floating or flexing metal plates. I'm kind of pissed to realize this. I take the kids back to my parents' house, because they have nowhere to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home