Tuesday, November 22, 2005

fragment

al funghi calzone, water, cornflakes

A fragment. At Ta Lin or some grocery store with great mushroom selection. They have oyster mushrooms, as well as the king oysters, some of which are the size of a melon. All very inexpensive. I pick one of these giants up, marvelling, thinking about what I could do with so much mushroom in a dish. Without meaning to, while I massage the fungal flesh, my head snaps forward and I take a big bite out of it, revealing the inside. It is hollow inside of thick walls which are made up of packed oyster mushroom filaments, dark brown. It is far too much mushroom to have in my mouth and is very chewy, almost gagging me as I try to break it up. Someone (a friend?) is angry at me for chowing produce without paying for it, but I cannot answer because my mouth is too full.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home