Wednesday, July 27, 2005

dad's dead, everyone's missing

pasta, broccoli, cheesecake, water, late night cornflakes

Hanging out with my dad up at his house, he's wearing a maroon flannel. We have a suprisingly good time, chatting and hanging out, doing stuff in the garage. My mom is around. The house seems to mix elements of their house and Maresa & Jason's house.

Andrea calls me, tells me that Shane is missing, or did he get another DWI? I ask if she needs help, she says no, don't worry about it. She and Aidan will take care of it all and they'll be fine. But if I see him, tell him...

Josh is at work, at Il Vicino. He's getting off soon and I really should go pick him up. But then my mother is breaking down. She hadn't told anyone that my dad died the day before. She says she's been alone in the house since then, she had dinner by herself last night. She's wailing and sobbing. My brother and I are there with her, in the kitchen. She couldn't deal with telling anyone until now. I don't know if she knows that my dad, apparently a ghost, is still around. I kind of feel like maybe she knows.

I can't leave, but I need to call Josh so he knows I can't pick him up. The phone book doesn't seem to have a listing for Il Vicino, though. Somehow, it has been deleted from the record, something along the lines of "for each person you lose, you also lose a phone number." It's very frustrating. Andrea calls back, yes, she does need my help after all. She's crying, needs me to go stay with Aidan. I tell her I will try, but how will I get a hold of Josh, how can I leave my mom like this. Too much, too much going on. I can't get a hold on what I need to do or how to do it and my dad is dead.

I woke up choking on bile, freaked out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home