Friday, April 15, 2005

thai businessmen

afternoon beer blast with C&D at brickyard & then pizza & beer at the house. went to bed mildly drunk but not wasted.

first portion of dream is lost.

Josh and I are Thai businessmen, we wear cheap grey suits, kinda 70's. We're on an airplane to Thailand. Trouble, someone fires a missle at the plane. The pilot makes a huge spiralling maneuver to avoid being hit. Josh is standing in front of me at the time, and the hatch blows open, just across from us. I hold onto the lapels of his cheap suit jacket to keep him from flying out the door. I'm not buckled, myself, but manage to stay in my own seat and hold him by sheer willpower. Once the plane is stable again, Josh buckles in, fast. Another missle, the plane goes into a straight nosedvie, barely pulls out before impact. I can see through the front of the plane, almost a second sight. So my experience of the oncoming ground is very immediate.

We land, but there is no room for us at the airport, we have to land on a highway. The plane skids as it lands, spiraling. It is broken into pieces, but no one is hurt. Everyone gets out okay [do they? are there immediate ghosts?], but we need to get to the safety of the hotel as soon as possible. We are herded by officials. We make it to the hotel. We are ourselves again, no longer Thai Businessmen.

The hotel is very old and very maze-like. There are doors everywhere that open into a variety of different hallways, into adjoining rooms, into tiny passageways. Some exploration, but we mostly just go to our room. I wish we had beer. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a small black boy, he backs up out of sight into a closet crowded with clothes and junk. Again, something out of the corner of my eye. Turk from Scrubs gently places an 8 pack [?] of beers that look like mickey's on the floor. As he backs into the closet, he puts a finger to his lips. "Shhhhhhh..." A moment later he returns with another 8 pack. I turn to Josh and say, "Look! It's Turk!" There's some inferrence that Josh would be attracted to him. But he gets all 6-year-old silly and says "No, I could never think of Turk that way." A small hatch in the wall opens into a tapering passageway that looks into another bedroom, I see Turk walk past. There is someone in the bed, I think it's Carla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home