Monday, August 01, 2005

Maco Polo show (dream 2 for today)

stroganoff with broccoli, mint ice cream, some otter pops, water

In a meeting in some basement space with museum people (I've been here before). I wish I could get out of this damn meeting. Linda wants me to look at the material. They hand over a huge roll of paper, three feet across. It is handled clumsily and I almost drop/rip it. It is blueprints, installation plans for a giant show at some giant museum. It becomes a newspaper mock-up (although it is like it has already been published), about Marco Polo, which apparently is this exhibit we are discussing. Linda wonders is I see any indication of a mid-summer date. I look at the material, but only see one calendrical notation, "May" in a caption on a map about Marco Polo's route through Asia. The map has several different routes he could have taken, several of which seem to peter out in Central Asia. I think the historians have really stretched it in putting together this highly questionable map.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home