Tuesday, January 03, 2006

i'm no art history teacher

Chicken & rice followed by cookies & late night frosted flakes.

In a classroom, crappy industrial carpet & bad lighting, feels like a lame community college. Flora's class. I don't know if I'm really supposed to, but I feel I should be teaching the others about identifying and interpreting narrative in friezes. There are teaching aides, somewhat like large plastic slide-sheets for collectors cards, but with images from artworks. I try to explain that Flora won't expect them to know everything that is going on in a frieze, but that they can get a long way by recognizing characters and perhaps some of their actions, and thus constructing possible narratives. It is going nowhere.

I think that class is adjourned, so take off down the hallway. I come back a few minutes later to find that class came back into session and I missed a test. Flora seems disappointed in me, but I'm not certain if she's really going to knock me or let me take the test.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home