Tuesday, November 29, 2005

heavy roemary

double shift, pint of irish about 9:30

At Il Vicino. Looking through large portfolios of LAME art, large sheets of craft paper with glitter glued on and so forth. The restaurant is busy. At some point, Mike the manager is wanting us all to get back to work. The stumbling blonde from Next Top Model is an employee, but she's kind of drunk and sitting at the banco, eating with friends. He's asking her to get to work and she's giving him a Fuck You response. He threatens to bust her down to floor service (?) and after that she will be fired. She seems unimpressed and unconcerned. There is a pizza that seems abandoned. It has sliced tomato, pineapple, and a huge amount of rosemary. I pick it up and begin to stir the rosemary around with my fingertips. I ask Mike if I can have it. It just then occurs to me that the owner of the pizza maybe is just in the bathroom, and here I am with my fingers in the food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home