Tuesday, February 07, 2006

time share at the red sea

penne with steak strips & sun dried tom pesto, salad with gorgonzola, water

Going on a roadtrip/tour to some body of water nearby, can't remember the name we were calling it, but on the map it looks rather like the Red Sea, though much smaller, as its northern tip apparently nestles up into a saddle of some local mountains. I am highly dubious that we can keep our schedule due to what I see as too far a distance to cover easily. We are travelling in a large van or a bus, and I think some of the old standards from our travelling days are with us, including Cousin Jane & maybe old what's-her-name that always bought me a vodka. The terrain is like being up in the Sandias, on the steep side. At some point we make it to a promontory overlooking the water, precipitous drop down to deep blue water streaked with speedboats & such. [Do we go down to the water? I don't think so.]

Crossing the countryside with my dad in the bus. We stop at a couple wierd rest stop places. Is everyone here? Are people missing & going to have to catch up? I'm not certain. A barn with people milling around.

At this timshare, which might belong to Cousin Jane or to Steven Pouppirt. I've somehow been entrusted with taking care of the infant on the trip while everyone else is of having fun. I don't mind. This kid is cool & very smart. In size, only maybe 18 months old, but has more language and comprehension than he should. Mischevious and a little odd. We're working on numbers & ABC's, we have toys-- some soft cloth, some hard plastic-- but not a matching set of anything. Might have 1, 2, 3, but then skip to 7, and so forth. Only a few letters are available, too. So I'm making the kid come up with things to represent the numbers. The place is kind of unfinished and there are workmen's tools in the closet. He goes and grabs a tiny solid-state stereo with detached speakers from the closet and plugs it into a large component set up at the end of the room. I'm uncomfortable with messing with this stuff, but no one else is paying attention so fuck it, right?

I'm having a look around the place. Sort of a stupid condo set up that makes no sense, and there's little furnishing, nothing on the wall. Out the front door, the stairs that joins the units is alive with other tennants, though, barbecues going, streamers up, flowers & strung garlic & the like. The guys who live here somehow know I work at the restaurant, and it turns out they know Lalo. One guy starts talking to me about working with him, another guy [played by tge guy who owns Masks y Mas] joins in. I'm the only gringo amidst all of these latino guys in barbecue aprons. Turns out that Lalo is living there, he has a timeshare at this condo place. We all agree that we hope Lalo finds a place he likes working better than Il Vicino.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home