Sunday, May 28, 2006

who will care for guido while i'm away? (caught in a loop)

BBQ Quorn, taters & gravy, melon, water, a piece of pineapple upside-down cake

I have plans to drive to California.

I'm going to night school and I'm in class with Matt Bonal. When we see each other we give a big hug. It feels really good to see him-- geez, how long has it been? I ask him if he can take care of Guido while I'm away, and he's glad to. I'm leaving that very night, and I have little time to get everything ready & together for my trip. I hope to be on the road at 11:00, and class gets out pretty late.

In talking about all of this, Matt mentions that he is also going on a trip tonight, out to Wilkins (or something like that). It doesn't register with me that if HE's going out of town, TOO, then he can't take care of Guido. But then I realize that Josh is staying, and that, duh, we don't need a dog sitter, anyhow. Class is getting out and its chaotic and I'm trying to pack up and get all my shit and say good bye to some people, and Matt is doing the same and I still need to talk to him-- I'm not consistently remembering or not, whether I need him to dog sit-- we're talking across the room, about our trips. I ask him where this town he's going to is, and he says it's [somewhere], essentially at the edge of a existential rift [cf. Cacatopic Stain, Iron Council], which I understand to be a reference to the eastern edge of Death Valley. How wierd, that we're driving in the same direction. Oh and another thing...but he's already out the door with his friends.

I finish up, take off with my crowd. We're walking through the campus, which is sort of like the UNM campus, and sort of like a mid-70's strip mall from the heights. We come around a corner and there's Matt & his crowd, walking, I call out to him. We have another hug, and I point out that if HE's going away, then he can't care for Guido. And he says, "I know, I know, but I've already got it taken care of." He seems to feel bad about his miscalculation in saying he would be around to help us out. But then I tell him that Josh is actually staying, and we don't need him. He's relieved and it's all settled. A flash bulb goes off. We look up to the rooftop of the building we're standing beneath. Shane is up there with a camera like an old reporter from the movies. He wants to take our picture.

[woke up in a panic, thinking i had to be at work, that i was going to be late, realizing that i didn't have a clean shirt to wear & would have to buy a new one. this persisted for a couple of minutes, as i ran around the house, before i realized it's sunday.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home