Monday, January 08, 2007

lost student or secret agent?

green chile turkey enchiladas, beans & rice, water, choco cake

I'm moving through the old high school. (The dream version, not my real one.) I think I'm wearing a tweed jacket. I'm lurking around, the halls are largely empty. It's off season, probably a week or something before classes start. Am I looking for evidence? I have a digital camera with me, and I'm snapping pics. I find something on the floor-- is it hard candy? Or is it the ruined carcass of a small bird? I take a picture. People begin staring, what am I doing, anyhow? Do I have blood around my mouth? And I suddenly realize that I have a German test in only a short time, and I'm unprepared.

I attempt to put that aside and continue. I go up into the office area. Dianne Anderson from the news is one of the secretaries. I step up to her and in my best socialite divorcee falsetto voice: "DiiiiiAAAAAANNNNEE! How AAAARRREEE you?" But I don't give her a chance to respond, she knows I have no real interest. She glares up at me. She's nothing to me and I dont' care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home