Friday, January 05, 2007

driving with the mistress

Olympia cafe, PBR

I'm in the back seat of M's squareback, I think C is driving, and M is in the passenger seat. We're winding up mountain roads. I'm stretched out in the seat, looking up and across at M and out the passenger side windows. I can see the blasted rock faces of the road cut in to the mountain passing by. Very much the light sandstone and limestone of the Sandias. She's going on and on. She had to spend an afternoon with D for some reason and apparently D was, of course, a real bitch to her. But M is still keeping up the game, going on and on about she doesn't know why D would be a bitch to her, and on and on. I keep my trap shut and an eyebrow raised. I feel real fatigue at the charade and feel like knocking their heads together and shouting "Everyone knows! Why keep pretending?!?!?" M keeps going on about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home