Thursday, November 23, 2006

josh won't stop undressing me

brickyard pizza with bells & mushrooms, water, some PBR, some Skyy

First part is forgotten.

Austen and I get off a bus "downtown," but it is an ailing post-industrial wasteland of decaying buildings and empty lots full of trash. But there is new activity starting, new building. Right where we step off the bus is a construction site, there is a funky, hand-painted sign in stripes of jarring colors, so that it reverbs and is hard to make out. I finally realize it says "PRADO." I tell Austen that our friend Miguel will be so excited to know that there's going to be a Prado right downtown. She laughs and we start off, I guess we're walking home. She and I split at some point and Josh and I meet up. We're walking out of the downtown area and across some sports fields and onto a high school campus. Josh is being mischevious and keeps tackling me and taking my pants off. But there are people around, some distance off, but still...

We go into the high school building, we walk through one set of doors, there's a small intermediate room, then the doors into the building. (cf the doors into the CFA that lead to the Dept of Dance offices area) Josh is still being a card, but in the building there are security guards, and we don't want to get nicked. There's a guard coming down the hall off to our left. The light is low, grey-green. The environment is grimy, grey, lockers and industrial tiles. The guard is coming, we can't see him yet, and we're nervous. But then he takes off running. He and another guard are playing games with each other, they consider it "training" together. They race around & play hide and go seek. I'm glad they're off our back, but I'm chagrined that they are "training" rather than doing their job. (Is there some sort of zombie or mob threat? I'm not sure.) I think that if they want to "train," they should do it separate from their guard time at the school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home