Sunday, December 17, 2006

cook that tumbleweed

nachos. beer.

second part of a longer dream, the first part was more violent maybe. And there is something about trying to fill a cardboard box with epoxy, but I would need gallons, and I only have a katsup-squirter-sized bottle of each of the two parts, and it's raining.

I'm going to cook a tumbleweed. It's a local custom, though rarely done any more and I've never tried before. It requires a good sized tumbleweed, and I grab one about the size of a loveseat as it brushes down the hilly streets. (This ain't ABQ. Streets are very hilly, buildings are painted wood frame, largely blue. Feels like...Greece? or something.) I find that the tumbleweed is actually a rolled mat of bramble, and I can unroll a flap along the side, almost like unrolling insulation. I need butter and olive oil, and I need to get a container to cook it in. I choose the cardboard epoxy box. But will it stand up in the fire? I wrap the tumbleweed in some sort of paper, did I forget to oil it first? When do I drizzle the butter on? Is cooking a tumbleweed really such a good idea? And why did I choose such a gigantic one?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home