Thursday, December 07, 2006

dream 1: i'm a ragged scamp of a kid

brickyard pizza with onions and banana peppers, water

I'm a little vagabond street kid, tough as nails, smart as a tack. The dream runs like a movie, with a voice over narrator, who is "me" as an old man, looking back and telling his (my) story. My little companion and I escape some sort of bondage, maybe press-ganging onto a ship crew? Pirates of the Caribbean-style acrobatics. My friend hitches a ride in a semi and thinks I'm coming, too. But, as the narrator says, "I had other ideas." I swing off the side of a dock or ship and drop down (a serious distance) onto a floating pallet. I hit almost square on, though the blue three ring binder I'm carrying dips one corner in the harbor water. I try to get my friend's attention as he pulls away, but either he doesn't hear me or is too disappointed to respond. I'm crestfallen that he thinks I have deserted him, when in fact I mean to meet up with him soon in the woods. I'm shouting "I'll find you! I'll see you soon! I'm coming!"

Well, I guess i have to start out through the woods. I'm certain that I'll find my real father there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home