Thursday, November 30, 2006

i'm a lonely skin who just wants to hang out

brickyard pizza with green chile and tomato, water, cup of cocoa & (literally) one ginger cookie

I'm going to the Pixies concert. But I need to get tickets, and I'm going to the punk rock store to buy them. They'll be on sale soon and I want to avoid the lines. I go early and just as they open I'm in. It's in a sort of downtown area, but the building is much like a Nob Hill shopfront, probably like the old InCrowd place, but in later days, run down, decaying. I go in, the lady is very nice, I think she feels some pity for me, like I'm some sort of oddity or freak or defective. The tickets are a lot more than I thought, though, and I have to scratch the money out of my wallet. And then she writes my name on a whiteboard calendar, apparently the tickets they're selling are for any events for the next week, not just this one. But what else is playing? Nothing, that I know of. It seems a rip off to me, but I won't complain, this store is important to the scene.

I go back home. Stephine is on the way over and some of the guys are around. The inside of my house seems unfinished, some walls just frames with loose plastic stapled up. Steph arrives, we hang for a moment, but then she goes back outside. We wonder where she's gone. She's out by her new car, feeding Cairan on the tit. The guys seem mesmerized. I tell them that she's pregnant again. They want to go see her boob. Jeez. But I go out to see the new car. It is a green and gold mom-van of a sort, but bubble-shaped, like a giant cough drop. The swelling sides make the interior HUGE, there are benches along the back and the sides and you could almost walk around in there. I congratulate her. Niiiiiiiiiice.

I want to go do something, I want to go back to the punk rock store and see who's around. But I know there will be a giant line now; will I have to wait in it, since I already bought a ticket to the show? I call and ask, but I'm not certain they understand what I'm asking, and obviously they have better things to do. I'm really frustrated. Everybody's gone and I just want to hang out with humans. Fuck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home