Thursday, December 07, 2006

dream 2: re-terracing the yard

see dream below

I come out of our front door and Danny from across the street is directing a crew of people, digging up the stone and vertical log retaining walls in our yard. I know he's trying to help, but I'm startled that he brought all these people over and dug up my yard without even telling me. I shout a mighty, "OI-- STOP IT." And everyone stops and looks.

I find out what they're doing, and sure enough, there's some scheduled demo in our yard and they're there to help. I guess we do have to dig up all this stuff. Shane shows up on his bike and asks what's up, I tell him that "they have to take out this tree here in front and the big one in back, too," I think to replace sewer lines or something. I indicate the two [actually non-existent] trees, big, stumped-off Japanese Elms that are about 12 feet high, but all the branches have been taken off.

I go around the north side of the house (which opens up to a big space, Missy's house is gone) and start to help the two people there tearing our the wooden terracing where the front steps down into the back. I think it's Tasha from the video store, but the person doesn't seem to know me, and her hair stays over her face and I can't see. Once we've torn out most of the retaining wall it occurs to me that we really don't have to do this, the construction won't effect this part of the property.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home