Tuesday, December 19, 2006

josh has left me and guido

frontier, water, late night frosted flakes

Pee Wee woke me up at 3:54 from a dream that involved adding photographic bits into a patchwork quilt.

After I went back to sleep:

On a plane with Guido. We need to get up toward the front and hook up with Josh. A fight attendant tries to be of help, but I point out that Guido bites and we can manage on our own. Guido is on his leash, but I pick him up to carry him, and as if to illustrate he takes a big bite at me, but luckily only catches my shirt cuff, but he keeps it a mouthfull and doesn't let go. "See?" I say.

We make our way forward through the giant plane. Up at the front, we see Josh, but he won't talk to us. A gruff man's voice says, "Viets! I need you out there to help show the house!" Josh exits and we follow him out onto the farm. His mother is trying to show the family house. Wheat fields ready for harvest, trees in the distance, deteriorating but beautiful clapboard house and other buildings. Josh won't stop walking, he won't talk to us. I plead with him, that I don't understand why he won't talk to us, what we've done, that it's killing me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home