Thursday, September 07, 2006

clean the house, store the weapons, find the keys

a very hearty stroganoff, water, some mid-evening apple dapples

I live in the back house of a 2 house property, largely a dirt lot but with some big, bright flowers here and there. I think my house might be a trailer, but maybe it's a little adobe cottage. I'm having a group of people over, but all the stuff in the house doesn't seem like mine, and it's like throwing a party in someone else's house, trying to figure out where things are, how to best do this or that. The place is kind of stuffed with chachki crap, and it's all sort of "fantasy super dragon dagger" style carved-- like the place is furnished from a flop house but decorated from the magic shop on Buffy.

People come, all RPG types and mostly young people, too, maybe 20 at the oldest. I think the party is kind of uncomfortable and boring, myself. We're planning something, though, some sort of operation. At some point, we decide we need to get this place cleaned spotless and get on the road. Everyone pitches in. I still feel like it's someone else's place, and I'm not quite sure what to pile or toss or keep or whatever. I'm cleaning an area on and around this big wooden table [like Chris & Dana's kitchen table]. I fiddle around & finally opt to just toss most stuff. Get a sponge, wipe everything down, get up under the edges, the works.

"Joyce Summers" was at the party and now comes back, claiming she's misplaced her keys. We start the hunt. Apparently she threw them at someone in self defense, but can't remember or explain who or why at the moment. Eliza Dushku [as Faith] is there [but also looking kind of like Summer Glau in the face]. I find a strange little knife [all fantasy dragon style] in a nylon clipping sheath, with a little pocket knife or maybe a folding nail file in the back, and ask Joyce if this is what she's looking for. No, it's not hers. But it's Eliza's. Now I remember seeing her with it. And now I find a little buckskin sheath, too, and I know it's hers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home