Monday, November 19, 2007

can't we get this art show going?

Belgian waffles with blueberries & bananas, "sausage," water. Later a couple beers and some akavit.

A very scattered dream. In a nutshell:

I'm tying to get everybody together and over to my work, which is a wierd, nebulous building, its interior sheathed in black-painted chip-board.

We were supposed to get over there the day before, and I bought some pizzas for everyone, cooked som cheeseburgers. But now I've had to keep them all warm for 24 hours. Somehow, Jonsey has ended up with two of the four pizzas, and they're with him up in SF. We're trying to wait for him, but then it occurs to me that he won't be down before later in the evening & we should just take the two we have and go.

Sometimes I'm in my car, sometimes I'm on my bike. Pam is around. Josh is there. We have to meet up with Miguel.

We get to work and Miguel is trying to get people to listen to him, since it's his (fashion related?) show we're trying to get set up. He has informative instruction sheets to pass out, but I'm too chatty & he's frustrated with me.

I look around, and there's R. G ammons on the wall, paper-cutout pieces [cf his orthographic sketches, probably], but R has just taped them to the wall, strips all the way around, and some taped better than others. I'm frustrated. A swivelling camera is taking pictures of a woman who is touching the art.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home