Saturday, October 27, 2007

me and my trusty horse

Burrito, beer, late night apple dapples.

We're at a conference of some sort. I seem to be really just along for the ride. An obnoxious, wealthy character who seems to be in charge is offering some entertainment options. He has two passes left over from conference participants for a horse ride, and I accept.

I'm on my horse, moving up and down some serious hillside terrain. (Probable reference to Mesa Verde.) We're picking our way up a crumbling hillside gully. Somehow we end up going up and down several times.

Now to return the horse. I have to take him into this large storefront, which is stuffed with touristy cowboy stuff, leather goods. But fuck! I've lost the saddle & tack. Where did I leave that stuff? I start searching around, I know the saddle blanket was yellow with red and green stripes on it. I find something similar, but I think that belongs to this other horse here...should I just steal it anyhow? I don't want to get blamed for the missing gear, though I don't want to rip someone else off... I'm certain that the stuff is around here anyway, and not really lost. But it is frustrating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home