Monday, September 17, 2007

yehudi shows up to play a gig

spagetti & smeatballs, salad, a few cookies, later night cereal

At work, but the gallery is an old brick space with concrete floors and a stage, a smallish venue (i think it's were i saw the tombstones play in tucson in 2006). Yehudi is expected but there's some scheduling disturbance. He finally shows, with his band. I run up to him and basicallu mount him-- flying leap into a hug with my arms & legs. It's so good to see him. He tells me that their schedule got all messed up, or rather that his time slot at our place is as it should be, but the next place than evening, the first band jumped ship. so they are expected early, but they can't be there early cuz they're playing our joint instead at the moment. He starts packing up to go, I want to help and also just have a few more moments with him, but not seem like a pussy, either. So I start picking up pieces of art that I know belong to him and start hauling them out to his truck, a panel truck on the street behind, like Silver behind Josh's work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home