Sunday, June 03, 2007

let's renovate the boar pen

Frontier & beer

We're renovating the house, adding a new bathroom and a wierd hallway between our bedrooms, as well as some larger new rooms off the back of the house, all in adobe walls and brick floors. We also expand the kitchen, which is now an expansive adobe room with a banco, big windows, brick floors, and an island complete with a Micros system. I keep trying to sign in so I can order some fries, but it won't let me in and I'm frustrated. I think Pablo is there, and I want to make it clear to him that I want to take some pictures of him before he leaves NM, and maybe get it on, too, though I'm torn on that.

A guy that reminds me Issaq, or maybe Eric from Spoleto (or both?) is showing us around. He points out that the new chimney is absolutely massive, a brick tower with a scalloped hat of sorts on top, we can look up the side of it, and it must be 40 feet tall. The fireplace is the size of a bedroom, the metal basket for the logs as big as a bed, and there's a wierd swinging adobe wall that opens to it, so that you can control the incredible heat that it all pumps out.

We go out into the back yard, and it is now bisected east to west with a high adobe wall, as well as north to south with the old fence. At the meeting, essentially, the new wall opens. Back toward the house is an enclosure stacked with lumber for the fireplace, the other way is left wild & weedy. In t he lumber enclosure, there's a wild boar. We laugh about it, decide to test our luck. We go in, it chases us. Exhilarating, frightening, crazy. We finally run back out, slam the gate behind us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home