Tuesday, May 01, 2007

marta gets the sack (not a prophecy)

leftover pasta salad, strawberry angelfood icecream delight, water

the latter part of a longer dream.

I'm over at Marta & Izzy's, a strangely small and dark little apartment. We're lazing around the bedroom, which is in disarray. Earlier in the dream Marta had told me she got fired and I was floored. Something about an incident when some friends of hers came into the restaurant. I get a visual flahsback of the incident, Marta's friends all ugly bitches in satin almost-prom-dresses; another worker (JD?) said something that they thought was wierd and they responded by shouting that they "aren't JEWS, so you don't need to treat us like that," or something to that effect. I have no idea what the exchange means, it comes across really unpleasant and racist, but I have no context for the outburst, so I'm dumbfounded. But in any case, Meg overheard and fired Marta, and I know that she will be completely intransigent on the matter, even though I think about trying to intercede. I flop down on the bed. there's a long strip of paper, barely more than a centimeter wide, marked into blocks with notations in heavy pencil. It's their wedding day, mapped out. I act nonchalant, I think maybe they wouldn't want me to see it. I start to roll it up, around my pinky finger. Marta comes by, takes it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home