Saturday, March 24, 2007

longest alien attack dream ever

edamame at home and then wierd "curry" stew over rice and egg rolls from the new japanese place on harvard. early to bed.

This was a nightmare that lasted all night long; I awoke from it at least twice and ended up returning to it, until I woke up in the morning. I can't possibly remember all of it.

Aliens have attacked. We are leaving. The snow is very deep, which make everything much more difficult. We have a car that works, most people don't, and the roads are pretty jammed up. I'm with a guy who is a cross between Lane and Matt Clemans, Meg (I think), and two kids, one of whom is a little Chinese girl, the other a little blonde kid who reminds me of that kid I used to take care of that hid once and the cops got called. We drive for a while, but the roads are getting impossible to navigate. And people are becoming very violent when they see a working car (cf W of the W). We get out and walk, trudge through the snow. We all stay linked together so we don't lose the kids, the snow is almost as deep as they are tall.

We make it to the airport, our destination for some reason. I guess we think we can fly out of the area, away from the big cities, hide in the country. The approach is a very long ramp up a hillside. We make it up and into the airport, which is a dark, low, heavy cast concrete building. The door is locked and we have to convince them to let us in at all. Seems a certain amount of staff there is holed up. There are several airline check-in women, all middle aged or older, there are a couple of security people. We feel safe there, get everyone situated. There are a couple of other refugees, we all talk about what's happened, where we can all go. There is an alarm, someone shouts, "They've flown. They're attacking again." I look out a long, low window and indeed see on of the craft. It looks very much like a B/W TV era spaceship-- diamond shaped with two wing with fins off the back end, dancing in the air like it's on a string. But it's real and it starts firing at the airport, smashing the building. Someone starts making an odd, short, barking scream noise, we all dive under desks, I hustle the kids into an interior space, under a stairway. The outer walls are being blown in. It is horrifying.

Talking with another refugee about the attack, she's talking about Asia, maybe Hong Kong. Something about the aliens offering peace and then turning and killing everyone. She says something about them only offering the "green," which is some sort of food, to "Turks." But it was only trickery. We are starting to think that there is no escape to the interior, that if we even got there it would make no difference.

We leave the airport. This time we're (or is it just me from the old crew now?) travelling with a young Martha Plimpton, although at one point I look at her ID and it says her name is Falak Fis. We're going away, travelling in a sort of monorail, or maybe it's a bus. I'm thinking about us living together, I want to tell her what a crush I've always had on her, I'm thinking about whether I could have sex with her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home