Monday, February 19, 2007

refugee family on the train

chicken, peppers, feta sammies, spicy carrot sambal, too many pepperidge farm cookies

My family is trying to escape on the train. We're on with Carlos Castenada and F. Garcia Lorca, but the guards find them and kill them. We get off the train andn into a car to do some sort of sabotage out amongst lush green rolling hills, then we have to flee fast back to the train and sneak back on, all kind of A-Team.

Back on, we are in a sitting room, all 70's colors and shag, grandpa Hoyt is there, but he's an elderly black man, and not the same person at all. But still very imposing and somewhat intimidating. Rachel is there with her fiancee, who is also black. I'm certain that it pleases Grandpa that she's marrying a black guy. They're talking about what his life in Albuquerque would be like, and Grandpa points out that life in the north valley would be difficult for him. When we have a moment alone, the fiancee and I are talking a bit, but he doesn't seem to trust me very much, I think he might think that I'm a turncoat. I try to assuage his fear, relate some of my experiences, especially our earlier ride. "Castenada was in a car up front, and Garcia Lorca was back here. They were trying to remain anonymous, but the soldiers on the train recognized them. They went up front, and after a while there were shots."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home