Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I killed kate's brother and I'm a whore?

posole, water.

two dreams weaved together?

Part of a group that has broken into the art museum. Or rather, we're going to. I'm touring the museum, through the new, huge spaces downstairs. I compliment Lee on his HUGE new gallery. He seems uninterested. Then my group and I skip off and into an elevator, staff tries to follow us, but we pull down a huge ladder into the car and escape. The ladder goes up several floors, past several open elevator doors. We split up. I'm hiding in a large room, apparently an education center with rows of desks (and cabinets and counters and such for crafts, too). I lay down on the floor, in my flight, completely still. The staff is searching for me, they pass the doorway. I hope that the visual noise of the desks will be enough to shield me, but BV sees me. They have me.

I don't remember it, but I know that I killed KG's brother. I'm pretty sure that I strangled him, but I honestly don't remember. They are grilling me. I begin to weep as I admit that I killed him, and they mock me. I cry and cry, and try to explain that I'm not sorrowful for myself, because I'm afraid of prison, that I got caught; I'm broken and sorrowful because it was KG's brother that I killed, and she doesn't deserve to go through that. I hold her to me. Her hair is a tight perm, I kiss the top of her head.

Through all of the above, I have been flashing to another narrative. I'm a teenager, in conflict with my parents. We live in a big, fancy house, all carved wood & painted white inside. This is definitely back east somewhere. And the house has a TV satellite dish. I leave the house, against the wishes of my parents. I'm out to be with my friends. (But who are these friends?) I get to the dark, rainy square where we're meeting up. In short order, me and a couple of guys are leaning against a low stone wall. I'm naked. My "friend" seems annoyed, because I'm edging in on his turf. We're boy-whores. Do I really want to be doing this? I try to check out my "friends" as they also one by one get naked. Kind of sexy, kind of wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home