Wednesday, January 24, 2007

work exchange

green chile "chicken" cassarole, water, some candy lady fudge

fragmentary

There is a managers exchange between the Il Vicinos. I think that ours are only going there, but when I get to work, I'm confronted with strangers-- a big bellied guy in a t-shirt that looks like a truck driver and another guy. And I don't recognize the restaurant, either. It actually looks like elements of our the Spoleto spaces, but in colors from our house, especially the blue room. Then I realize that they have just moved all the tables over to one wall and they're taking the legs off or something, and that's why it looks strange. The incoming managers all seem terse and humorless and I have no confidence. This was definitely a waste of time and a mistake.

I'm in a hotel room, typing a form or a letter. We're expecting the guys from the wedding party. The mother of the groom is with me, I think. There's a knock. I don't know what to expect. Some wierd, dumpy guy comes in. He's followed shortly by the groom, an also wierd, also dumpy guy with hair long on top and shaved on the sides. Khakis and a white button down. I humor his excitement. We do a little dance, a little dip. This guy is a flamer. Is he marrying a girl? Am I supposed to perform this ceremony?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home