Friday, February 09, 2007

average frustrating work dream

Napolitana with portabellos, silk cake, PBR

At the restaurant. The register has been replaced with this new computer system that uses little 1x1 icons for the foods, and has no descriptors. They look like little album covers, or maybe video game characters. They don't make sense to me. I'm trying to do register, but I can't seem to enter anything correctly. And people won't slow down their ordering to let me figure things out. Two #27's, 2 teas, and 2 different pizzas becomes two green squares with darker diagonal stripes, two orange squares, a picture of a 40's ganster in a fedora leaning against a wall smoking, and some other icon. I don't even know what I'm ordering them. I'm trying to read back, but have to keep erasing the whole thing and re-entering. I confirm the order of a "new yourk guy in a suit." Do we even have a pizza called that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home