Friday, August 10, 2007

Dream number 2: The Revolutionary Ape

See menu below.

I'm part of a revolutionary group of some sort. The cabal meets somwhere up north near Santa Fe (second dream this night about going north). In order to get there I have to jump a train and then hop off and run a long way. I think to myself that I'm running 10 miles a day because of this. It's night. I train up to the area and jump off, but it doesn't look like I think it should. In my mind, it should be a big, empty area, with dirt roads carved across the desert. But now there are houses, small adobe jobs, not in long rows like usual neighborhoods, but rather gridded out one by one. I think I can still find my way, but... I go around one house, but the road jogs off to one side and I'm uncertain. I start off anyhow, trying to be quiet so that I don't attract any attention. The cops are around, they're looking for us, and there may even be a chopper somewhere overhead. I get to a long stretch of road that finally looks right and start running. The dirt road is caked, cracked clay, almost bubbly in texture. I'm trying to stay upright, but my body simply insists that I go on all fours, loping like a gorilla. I keep fighting to run upright, switching back and forth.

(I have often dreamed about having to go long distances and finding that I can cover much more ground on all fours. Why is that?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home