Monday, October 29, 2007

unwanted visitors and chris simulates a penis-stork

horrible pumpkin stew, toast, a couple of Thompson treats

I'm at my parents' house with Chris. We're in a room watching a Buffy movie called _Buffy: Apocalypse._ There's a lot of commotion around the house, and I'm annoyed, I really just want to hang out with Chris and watch this movie. But then there's yet another interruption, a knock at the front door.

I go to answer and it's four older people (one played by Joan from Arts Business Assoc, but 15 years older). They really just start walking forward into the house, and I assume they are friends of my parents, but then I'm beginning to wonder, and I begin to ask them who they are, who they know here. They say that they know "Khannie and Richard," ("Richard" being a nickname for Josh for some reason.) and I'm increasingly dubious. I actually reverse their course at that point and herd them back to the door and ask them to just wait there. My dad is no help, he doesn't know if they're maybe friends of mom's or of Howard & Ann. I have to go track down my mom. I go in her bedroom and the door at the far end, next to the window, is closed, I think she's in the bathroom. I go knock and she says, "Just a MINUTE." Sorry mom.

I'm waiting and the bedroom door opens and I expect it to be the people, but it's Virginia Yen. She comes in and mom comes out and they're hugging & greeting & "glad to see you"-ing. I'm trying to get my mom to pay attention to address the old people question. I finally drag her into the living room. The old people have moved out onto the porch. Josh is there looking uncomfortable. I tell my mom that I'm certain they don't know Josh, and they certainly aren't in the crowd to be addressing me by _my_ nickname.

Chris reappears, bored, the movie is over. I sit in the den with my dad and watch Chris do a bad standup routine. But his big finale is a slight of hand that makes a bamboo pole, slightly conical, with a mouth cut and eyes drawn on, looking like a stork's head-- this appears like a dick-stention and he wags it at us. I think it's hilarious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home