Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Teeming with beatles

Teriyaki chicken bowl veggie combo, water, late night fruit loops & a (not scary) Robert Blake Lovecraftian story

This nightmare seemed to last all night, I woke up repeatedly & when I went back to sleep, it would start up again. Finally slept sitting up to make it stop. I don't remember all of it but, it was all about serious bug action, cf. the spider-infested corpses in The Mist.

The bugs are creamy white in color, the size of a walnut, segmented like rolly-polly's but more hunched. They're everywhere. I have a view of an old wall with peeling paper, and the bugs are absolutely swarming in and out of it.

At some point I both AM and can SEE this woman, an emaciated african woman, my eyes are sad, I am dying. I think that the bugs are killing me/her. I reach out and take her/my hand, and it is dry as paper, like crushed vellum.

All of this went on and on, I probably woke up 3 or 4 times. I think the last time I woke up, I was looking around my room and I could see PeeWee curled up in the top of my laundry basket, her head moving like she was cleaning herself. How did she get in there, though? Something's not right. What if the bugs are getting into her? At this point I plunged into active terror, the bugs aren't a dream, they're here and they're going to kill PeeWee. I switch of the light revealed no dog, no movement, no bugs.

Sleep sitting up, lights on.

(And yet I woke up feeling like I'd had a magnificent night's sleep. I often have this experience when I sleep sitting up, that it is very deep, satisfying sleep. Interesting.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home