Thursday, September 28, 2006

drag shows & meat trays

two relatively late slices from saggios, with mushrooms, broccoli, red pepper, water.

another disjointed mess. having trouble pinning down my dreams this month.

I go to Jen & Liz's gallery, expecting to hang out, but I find instead that they are throwing some giant high-fashion dinner, the gallery is cleared out & it's all banquet tables & blue light. They hustle me inside, glad I'm there, find me a space. I stay for a while but then get up to go. On my way out, I pass Christie Lantz (from midschool, who I'm certain I see around my real world neighborhood, she still walks the same), sitting at a table with people who are probably her family, including a daughter or niece on one side. Instead of sliding effortlessly past, I tap her on the shoulder (one sound thump) and say "Christie." She knows who I am and is very cordial. Apparently she is aware of me in the neighborhood, too, and is glad we have finally broken through and addressed each other. Then I realize that she has taken a large, flat slice of watermellon and cut it into a rudimentary paper-doll shape, dressed it up with bits from the table, and is relating to it like a baby doll. Holy moley, she's defective. I make a quicky get away & tell Jen to keep an eye on the girl with the watermelon doll.

Somehow I end up at a performance hall and there's this extraordinary show on by this very talented drag queen.

I think the dream gets looped at this point, sometime later I'm trying to convince people to go see the show, and it's at a new venue in my area. Not sure.

Somewhere in all of this, maybe back at the gallery, I keep seeing this meat tray, made of acrylic, carved with concentric rings & pits. Josh had seen such a thing on ebay but made of teak, and we couldn't figure what it really was, but I woke up knowinig it is a meat tray. (And it is.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home