Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I go to Vegas alone

Joshie's open-face sammies with capers and cheese and red peppers; salad; ice cream; a couple beers. (Sunday night dinner)

I've gone to Las Vegas on my own. I think the plan is that JJ and I are going to be traveling there, and I want to know the loay of the land and the activities we should hit before we go, so I can act as guide. [The fact that Josh has been there before does not figure into this plan, apparently.] But for this, I've gone without Josh, and I feel kind of bad.

I'm there in Vegas, and I start to realize that I don't really even know where to start. So I go for a sit down in this bar. They're playing some sports game really loud on the TV. Harvey Levin from TMZ is there with some female friend. He notices me by myself and starts to talk to me. She's ready to go, but he's extremely interested in me. We go to the far end of the bar, behind the TV sets. He sits at an opposite table and keeps trying to engage me in conversation, pathetically hitting on me. His friend stands over against a trash can, looking bored. I smile at her, she nods in acknowledgement. HL says something to the effect that I'm another newbie on the scene, and a giant Viking of a guy at the table next to me thinks he's talking to HIM. Harvey gets flustered, trying not to get pounded. I really just want him to go away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home