Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My new job at the mall

Belgian waffles with bananas and the best mangos ever, water, choco cupcakes later. (Sugar, anyone?)

I have a new job at Coronado Mall. I drive there with my female friend. Perhaps she has a new job there, too? We don't really know where to park, if there's an employee lot or not. We're up on the north side, behind Sears sort of. There's a big hill and I think maybe we should park on top of it? I give it gas to get up the hill. The markings on the pavement suggest we're going against traffic flow, but it seems the only way. Hmmm...we continue around, and up much closer to the store I'm going to. Who knows. I just want to get there 5 minutes early, you know? I park, go in. It's sort of a mix between the entry to Pep Boys and a department store. I think I'm working over here in this mens wear/electronics area. There's no one to ask. Well, I'll just spruce the place up and start looking at the merchandise. It seems we have a huge boom box (about 4 feet long) that we play. It's giant and black, and sort of like a gorilla suit, soft and hairy. I get it playing. Still no one has shown up. I try to rehearse some charming excuses why I can't help a customer, in case I get asked a question. "I've only worked here for about 9 minutes and no one showed up to train me yet, so..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home