Monday, June 27, 2022

Worst guided European tour ever

Josh and I are apparently on a guided tour, maybe in Europe? Spain, maybe? Thats one of thr problems: theres just no information. Our Guide gives no Guidance. And I think that one or both of us might be a spy and people are after us. We exit a tour coach at a place where we are going diving. Which is kind of a fun idea. Where/how long, not real clear. And I think I'm in a suit. So again: lack of planning on e part of our guide. But I'm still game. Josh and I stick together down there, pretty much. We stick to the jetty shoreline, which has some old wood pier timber sunk around it. The sandy seafloor is absolutely littered with a pink mineral, looks kind of like a light pink petrified wood, and another whitish rock that has yellow quartz-like crystals that grow out of it, with fibrous/spaghetti-like masses around thr base, as well as maybe octagonal salmon-colored crystals which mostly grow on their sides, in small pieces. I can hear people communicating, saying that all of this proves that “they were wrong,” there’s plenty to be found in the water here. I kinda know that we’re supposed to be getting everyone back up and out, but I hang back, I think Josh does too. When I do come back out, we’re not at the seashore/jetty anymore, I come up out of an opening in the floor of a big trailer being pulled by a truck. Rather like a It’s a “moon pool” (if that’s the right term?) except it’s in a moving tractor trailer. The interior is white, rather clean. And much of the space is taken up by a room that is built into it, with a stepped platform on one side, down to the water opening. We are going to a touristy cafeteria next. We all dump out and straight into this big building. There are lots of kids or teens with us now. Dion Newhouse buys tickets for all of us to the place, which is kind of a museum, but also has the cafeteria. He expresses exasperation at the cost. The kids pull out money and start shoving it at him—which is nice, they don’t want him to eat the cost of the outing. But in my mind im wondering, “Wait, won’t the tour company pay for this? We already paid for our trip: they will pay him back.” But again, the guide seems off his hand, and no one knows what’s going on. I reluctantly shove a $20 in Dion’s shirt pocket. I don’t have a lot of cash left and it concerns me. We kinda rush through the museum part, up front. It seems to be somewhere between a French Renaissance palace and a second-hand store. We really want to get to the food. The cafeteria is also set up in a series of rooms, all kind of ridiculously decorated. The staff has obviously JUST gone on lunch. They are all sitting in booths. The company colors seem to be brown and pink, it’s very much like a mall chocolate shop. Josh and I find plates and start grazing around. It looks like we have to pay again at the end of the line, which makes little sense. I should have kept my $20. Don’t even know if they take a card? Karin and maybe Jessica from work are there, and we all find the salad bar. Decent looking selection of composed salads, but all very olive-heavy, which seems strange. And there are desserts under glass domes on a nearby sideboard. I realize that the plate isn’t big enough for salad AND this giant triangular cream-filled donut, but I score a dessert plate. I have to move lots of nic knacks and decorative BS to get to the desserts, but I do, and I take both a chocolate one and a white one. They feel like quilted cloth, rather than pastry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home